Associate Vice President for R&D
Wen-Bin Jian, Ph.D.
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST AND EXPERIENCE：
Doctor Jian’s research interests consist of electron transport, field-effect transport, and thermoelectric transport of electrons in low-dimensional systems including zero-dimensional (0D) quantum dots, one-dimensional nanowires (1D), and two-dimensional (2D) nanosheets (2D materials). He currently focuses on 2D materials including graphene, MoS2, black phosphorous, WSe2, ReSe2, and TaS2. In addition, he is interested in biomaterials like Ni-DNA nanowires. He works with Profs. Chia-Ching Chang and Yu-Chang Chen in the bio-related research field. On the other hand, he develops many commercial products of instruments including scanning tunneling microscope, demagnetizer, electro-explored nanoparticle generator, transmission optical microscope, and many other automatic machines.
- Y. F. Lin,* C. H. Chang, T. C. Hung, W. B. Jian,* K. Tsukagoshi, Y. H. Wu, L. Chang, Z. Liu & J. Fang, “Nanocontact Disorder in Nanoelectronics for Modulation of Light and Gas Sensitivities”, Scientific Report 5, 13035 (2015).
- S. J. Zou, S. T. Wang, M. F. Wu, W. B. Jian, and S. J. Cheng,* “Exposure of the Hidden Anti-ferromagnetism in Paramagnetic CdSe:Mn Nanocrystals”, ACS Nano 9, 503 (2015).
- Y. F. Lin,* Y. Xu, S. T. Wang, S. L. Li, M. Yamamoto, A. Aparecido-Ferreira, W. Li, H. Sun, S. Nakaharai, W. B. Jian, K. Ueno, and K. Tsukagoshi,* “Ambipolar MoTe2 Transistors and Their Applications in Logic Circuits”, Adv. Mater. 26, 3263 (2014).
- H. L. Chu, S. C. Chiu, C. F. Sung, W. Tseng, Y. C. Chang, W. B. Jian,* Y. C. Chen,* C. J. Yuan, H. Y. Li, F. X. Gu, M. Di Ventra, and C. C. Chang,* “Programmable Redox State of the Nickel Ion Chain in DNA”, Nano Lett. 14, 1026 (2014)
- S. C. Chiu, J. S. Jhang, Y. F. Lin, S. Y. Hsu, J. Fang, and W. B. Jian,* “Nanocrystal shape and nanojunction effects on electron transport in nanocrystal-assembled bulks”, Nanoscale 5, 8555 (2013)